When consumers are thinking about buying a product or service, they go online to do some research. Social media profiles are often among the top results in brand name search listings. Consumers will likely see your Facebook page before they see your website. That should tell you how important it is to use your social media to create and build a trustworthy brand. In fact, social media channels are also search engines, and many times consumers go directly to Facebook or other social media channels to investigate.
While your website is full of information about your products or services, social media can work to build trust with consumers by allowing them to see beyond the hype and see what a business is all about on a daily basis as the content changes.
Each of the tactics below is simple and easy to do, but when you look at the overall effect, you’ll see how your Facebook page will help consumers believe they can trust you and that you’re the right choice.
1. Check your page – At one point, Facebook only allowed celebrities and major brands to verify their pages so you’d know it was a real person or brand and not an imposter. Now, if you are a legitimate company, you can also get verified. You need proof that you are a real business by providing a business phone number, a utility bill with the business name, or your articles of incorporation.
2. personal brand – Be sure to use your branding elements when creating your page. Stay consistent with your logo, color scheme, and style.
3. about page – This is where you can really say something about your core values as a company and let consumers know important company details. You can add links to other social media accounts, links to your website or specific products, and include all of your contact information.
4. show some personality – Social media is not about selling your product or service. It is about generating commitment with current or potential customers. Showing product demos, behind-the-scenes videos or images—even pets and family members—can help show that there are real people behind the brand.
5. Include brand influencers – Do you know those people that everyone knows? If you can, include photos of yourself with them or tag them in relevant posts. only if you know them. Don’t just tag random influencers, that’s just bad social media etiquette and they might end up blocking you. This will help bring a new audience to your page.
6. share good news – Did you receive a writing or a mention in the news? Post it so your followers can share the excitement with you.
7. facebook live – This is huge and it only gets bigger. Again, your followers will be able to see that you are a real person behind the brand and will be able to interact with you live. Facebook Live videos get higher organic reach than recorded videos.
Social media allows you to make a good first impression, and since you only get one chance to make a first impression, it better be great!